Join us at the 2019 Stoneleigh Stampede on May 25th at 7 AM to help Maryland’s kids in memory of Louis Lowenthal. Participants in the 7th Live Life Like Louis campaign will run or walk in the 2019 Stoneleigh Stampede in Towson, Maryland. Our fundraising efforts will again support Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) in Maryland. AFHK is a non-profit that improves nutrition and promotes physical activity of children through school-based programs.
Louis strongly believed that for young people to succeed in school, they should make healthy food choices and should understand the importance of exercise. Louis practiced these beliefs and expressed his desires to help other kids have access to healthy food and exercise. Although Louis died in an accident at age 14, we are continuing his commitment to helping other Maryland kids with healthy food and fitness choices throughout the day through the Live Life Like Louis campaign.
$78,000 raised for Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK) during prior years has had the following impact:
- Over 190 Maryland schools received physical activity or nutrition programs and resources from AFHK
- Over 95,000 students were impacted by AFHK programs
The money raised in this campaign will be spent in Maryland, and Action for Healthy Kids’ mission is well aligned with Louis’ commitment to healthy eating and exercise. So, by joining the Live Life Like Louis campaign, you’ll be honoring Louis and supporting a cause that can transform an entire generation of children.
How to Get Involved in the Live Life Live Louis Campaign
Run or Walk in the Stoneleigh Stampede. Registration is simple.
- Register with the Stoneleigh Stampede. The registration link is here: http://www.stoneleighrunning.com/events/2019-stoneleigh-stampede/. When you are done, you will be given the opportunity to donate to the cause.
- Donate below to support AFHK through the Live Life Like Louis campaign. This donation interface is below or can also be accessed after registration for the race.
If you just wish to donate, and not run, you may do so below. You can also click here.
Why Support the Live Life Like Louis Campaign for Action for Healthy Kids?
Action for Healthy Kids puts your donations to work for kids in Maryland, such as:
- $25 provides a healthy breakfast at school for 1 month for a child.
- $50 supports new fitness equipment for a PE class.
- $100 provides a school with a nutrition education program.
2018 Example of AFHK Money Spent in Maryland
AFHK teamed up with CSX to host an Every Kid Healthy Day of Service at Patterson Park Public Charter School in Baltimore, MD. Volunteers from the community and employees of AFHK and CSX tackled a service projects, including creating a mobile kitchen cart, painting a mural of the school logo on the main entrance doors, building shelves for gym equipment storage, and mulching and painting planter boxes. Each project added value to the school. The PE teacher, Georgia Holland-Pence, especially appreciated the new shelving, which enabled more accessibility to the equipment: “It is fantastic. This will help keep the physical education equipment organized. I am sending big hugs to Action for Healthy Kids for building this outstanding addition to the gym office.”
Benefits (in addition to thinking about Louis’ big smile):
- Another reason to remember Louis’ commitment to health and fitness for all
- A Live Life Like Louis thank you shirt for Stoneleigh Stampede participants who donate ≥ $25 per participant
- Are you a full-time W. R. Grace employee? If so, your donation qualifies for dollar-for-dollar matching from the Grace Foundation.
Questions about the Live Life Like Louis campaign? Email Eric Lowenthal: email@example.com
Questions about AFHK?
Email Latrie Marshall: firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thank you to the W.R. Grace & Co. Foundation for their generous support of $5,000 and matching gift pledge for full-time employees! If you are a W. R. Grace employee, your donation qualifies for dollar-for-dollar matching from the Grace Foundation.